02 Jul Public Matters // University Park Slow Jams is an LA2050 Finalist!
Help Us Build People Power + Collective Action for Safe Streets
In May 2020 alone, 21 pedestrians were killed on LA streets. Traffic safety is a serious problem.
University Park Slow Jams is a creative call to action for safer streets. The project builds a network of local advocates—groups, schools, parents, youth—to draw attention to traffic violence, build capacity, and propose solutions.
Funding will support a network of local advocates to draw attention and take action towards traffic violence in the area around University Park. Our goal: to ensure that parents and families have the resources to propose and advocate for long-term safety solutions.
Who Are Our Project Partners?
- LA Walks
- USC Kid Watch + its Parent Ambassadors
- USC Price faculty members
What is LA 2050?
LA2050 is a community-guided initiative driving and tracking progress toward a shared vision for the future of Los Angeles. Public Voting will determine how much funding each proposal gets.
- First place: $100K
- Second place: $50K
- Third place: $25K
- Fourth place: $15K
- Fifth place: $10K
We Need Your Help!
With your help, we can secure more funding for the Slow Jams and the network of safety advocates in the University Park Area/South LA.
Public voting opens Monday, July 13 at 9am and closes Monday, July 20 at 5pm.
>> Vote for us here!
We are looking for individuals and/or organizations who will be willing to:
- Support by voting for University Park Slow Jams during the voting period.
- Amplify University Park Slow Jams and work by sharing our graphics and materials in your social media outlets (tag us if you do!) and email list serves.
- Encourage members to vote for University Park Slow Jams during the voting period.
- Connect us to other individuals/organizations who would be interested in learning more.
Together, we can build a better future for our streets and communities!
Please contact Amanda Carlson at firstname.lastname@example.org if you have any questions.